Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day















Every Father's Day i see throngs of male bashing.  People bashing their own fathers, baby fathers etc.  This always saddens me because you rarely if ever see such bashing on Mother's Day.  It is unfortunate that there are so many single mothers that have to take on this role of raising children on their own, and I am in no way justifying the dead beat dads out there, cuz dem fi get gunshot!  Children are a blessing and should be treated as such. Although women in general (not always) tend to be the more  nurturing gender, this should not be an excuse to walk away  from the beautiful children you took part in creating. However women in bashing men, you have to realize how this makes you look. Everything in life is a choice.  Yes accidents happen (rolls eyes) however, most deadbeat dads were deadbeat boyfriends, jumpoffs, husbands, men etc.  There are the occasional exceptions, but in general they were jerks before you were impregnated, so how does that reflect on you.  So instead of using this day to glorify the assholes out there, instead lets put the truly great fathers on a pedestal.  


Happy Father's out there to the many men, who not only provide financial support, but love, and emotional support to their children.  Because no matter what ANYONE says, the role of a father is just as important as the role of a mother.  Happy Father's Day to my own father who shows me what to look for in a man, and what not to accept.  Bugs I love you from the depths of my soul.  And to all the wonderful fathers out there that I know personally, enjoy your day.  Smooches from Hotlipps!










1 comment:

  1. Great post Sam!!! I was raised in a single parent home but I didn't miss out on having a father in the home. I have amazing uncles,older cousins and now a great father-in-law. Each situation that includes an absentee father is different. Even though I almost never speak about/speak to my biological father,I know him and would never bash him. I don't hate him but he showed me that good,intelligent people don't always do what they need to do. As adults we all make decisions and need to take responsibility for those decisions. We all have to answer to God so why stress the past.
    For the females that bash their baby daddies...you knew what you were getting yourself into. Unless he was a great dad then he fell, bumped his head and took on a different personality,your words hold no weight. Don't sleep with these men with intentions to "keep him" or "take him" from somebody else. When this is your aim...you deserve everything you get. Sadly,your children are the ones who suffer.
    Happy Fathers Day to all the good fathers that are doing the best for their children. To all the exceptional fathers,single mothers,aunts,uncles,brothers,cousins, grandfathers,step-fathers,father-in-laws and father figures taking over the father role....hats off to you!!

    ReplyDelete