Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!



I have never seen a holiday met with such ambivalence as Valentine's day.  Especially from men.  True, the holiday has become extremely commercialized, but what men need to realize, is that if you are doing what you should be year 'round, then Valentine's day is just icing on the cake.  All the 'bun a fire pon Valentine's Day' talk really isn't necessary.  The real struggle comes for the men who have been screwing up all year, and now have to make up for it with some extravagant gift that they give begrudgingly.  I can only speak for myself.  Yes, the teddy bears, chocolates, flowers, dinners and jewelry are nice.  Don't get me wrong.  But I think this is one time, where the thought really counts.  I would much rather a man take the effort and time to do the little things year 'round, than to half ass a relationship and then hush me up with a gift on Valentine's day, and go back to the same BS the next day.  Don't curse the holiday, but look inside yourself to see what you can do to make your overall relationship better. I think Jamaican men and West Indian men on a whole, have a lot to learn about love and the art of romance!  So on that note WYRAS would like to wish all the Lovers a Happy Valentine's Day.  To the non-Lovers better luck next year ;-).  And to the Valentine's Day haters, remember, love, time, maturity, honesty, communication and most of all effort goes a long way.  Have a loving day and Smooches from Hotlipps!


This post wouldn't be complete without one of my favorite Valentine songs, "Valentine" by Lloyd




PS- Mishigan had nothing to do with this, and I am sure he doesn't endorse this....cuz well he's a man lol

1 comment:

  1. I believe V-day should be everyday!! why should woman feel appreciated one day a year? The mall or "victoria Secret" are probably busy with men scrambling to find the perfect gift for one day.
    So you are trying to tell me I can only receive GODIVA chocolate, flowers, jewlery, and dinner at a fancy restaurant once a year?? PLEASE! woman know your worth, and you have to think highly of yourself before a man will. In my opinion all that material stuff DO NOT impress me. Its all about Quantity and Quality. To all that love valentines day, have a good one. In closing, HAPPY EVERY V-DAY TO ME! LOVE EVERYDAY ROCKS!

    DEUCES,
    BLA'K BARBY WITH LOVE

    ReplyDelete