Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christopher Grant


Christopher Grant is a Brooklyn Native born to Jamaican and Barbadian parents.  I have had the pleasure of knowing Chris for several years through mutual friends.  He has always been very passionate about his writing.  His hard work has definitely paid off, as he awaits the release of his debut novel, Teenie.  Teenie is set to be released on Knopf/Random House on December 28th.  The anticipated novel chronicles a teenage girl, and her day to day struggles to find her identity amidst her friends, and her West Indian family in Brooklyn.  The book is getting rave reviews, and will be available on all major outlets including Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble amongst others.  WYRAS would like to congratulate Chris, and wish him continued success in his endeavours!


7 comments:

  1. Another Technite doing big things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm def getting this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle Coutain (Stony Brook '00)

    Congratualtions and best wishes to you on your novel. I hope this is the first of many more novels to come because we need more African American Young Adult authors! I will adding this selection to my classroom library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEENIE in the Building!! Congrats and kudos on your publication Sir Grant. I have every high expectation of its success. This book is very appealing, unique in nature, thought provoking, engaging, entertaining and fun like a great vacation in the West Indies and of course a MUST have and Must read. My support is behind this title 100% so I'll be back ordering my copy shortly and of course spreading the word. Cheers and God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. should be interesting... on my list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats once again to Chris!!! It's a great read and I definitely recommend that you support this amazing up and coming writer!!!! Teenie is just the beginning!!!! Blessings Always, Chris! Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post Sam. I really appreciate it. Thank you for all of the uplifting comments. You guys have no idea how much these little posts keep a brother going. I'm going to be doing a reading in Brooklyn real soon (within the next two weeks). Check my facebook page and website for updates. Thanks again folks.

    ReplyDelete