Saturday, December 11, 2010

Then & Now-Benz Punany







Ok for the past 2 days i've been hearing a LOT of buzz surrounding Vybz Kartel 's remake (yes REMAKE for the youngsters lol) of Benz Punany.  So I said let me take a listen, and I was like ok....thats it *bbm confused face* lol.  First of all everyone knows I am a diehard Kartel fan, and rate him to the max. But there is nothing special about the song. What amazed me even more, is how difficult it was just to find the Grindsman song on Youtube.  Have we really forgotten our foundation Dancehall artistes??? To me, the original by Grindsman is 100 times better, I love the beat. The first version is the original by Grindsman and the second is the newer version by Vybz Kartel.  You be the judge!

4 comments:

  1. The original is better. Kartel's version doesn't have a true reggae sound. Too much autotune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My view is the original is best; Kartel doesn't even come close!! I couldn't listen to all of it. Mi love Kartel but he's getting (or has already become) very formulaic! The rhythm doesn't grab me - I think I'd be standing up and looking bored if this came on in a dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grindsman version definitely has my vote. As the riddim drop mi start feel the vibes. Big tune dat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vybz's chune badda. but Grindsman a di aoutha

    ReplyDelete